LOCH LOMOND GROUP CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
Loch Lomond Distillers Limited (“Loch Lomond Group”, “we”, “us” and “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Notice explains how we collect, use and share personal data relating to those individuals who apply to work at the Loch Lomond Group in any capacity, whether directly or indirectly (for example, via a recruitment agency).
This Notice may change from time to time. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch via one of the methods set out in the “Contact us” section of this Notice below.
02. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Over the course of your application to work at Loch Lomond Group, we will collect and generate personal data about you in accordance with this Notice. This personal data may include:
- personal details, including your name, maiden name and surname, personal e-mail, home telephone number, mobile telephone number, home address, date of birth, city and country of birth, national identification number and/or passport number, gender, marital status, social security number, signature and photograph;
- immigration information, including ID card, passport data, details of residency status and work permit or visa;
- information collected through the use of CCTV, including images;
- recruitment information, including job application, resume/CV and interview notes, previous employment background and all background checks (including criminal record checks where applicable);
- details and copies of licenses held, certifications undertaken and training attended (e.g. personal licenses to sell alcohol; fork-lift truck licenses etc.);
- publicly available information including public data on social media networks and government websites; and
- details of compensation and benefits in your current or past employment.
03. HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your personal data during the course of our recruitment process, for example through material submitted as part of your application, or records generated when you engage with us. Otherwise, we gather personal data about you when you provide it to us.
We may also receive information about you from recruitment agencies, websites, directories and publicly available sources. We may combine information we have about you from various sources, including the data that you have provided to us.
04. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- recruitment: to manage our recruitment application process and to enter into an employment or other working relationship with you if your application is successful;
- communications and emergencies: to facilitate communication with candidates, to protect the health and safety of candidates, existing Loch Lomond Group personnel and others and to facilitate communication in an emergency;
- compliance: to comply with legal, regulatory and other requirements, for the purposes of record-keeping and reporting obligations, to conduct audits and risk management business process monitoring reviews, to comply with government inspections and other requests from government or other public authorities, to respond to legal processes such as subpoenas, pursuing legal rights and remedies, defending litigation and managing any complaints or claims, to comply with internal policies and procedures and to comply with local employment law obligations; and
- corporate investigations: to monitor activities as permitted and/or required by local law and/or regulation.
05. ON WHAT BASIS DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use your personal data on the following basis:
- to enable us to take steps prior to entering into an employment relationship with you;
- for the legitimate interests of Loch Lomond Group, being the purposes set out in the “How do we use your personal data?” section above; and
- to comply with certain legal and regulatory obligations of Loch Lomond Group.
06. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Due to the nature of our business, we need to be able to share your personal data across the Loch Lomond Group. This means that we may share certain of your personal data with:
- members of the Loch Lomond Group of companies;
- your interviewer and others in your prospective management team; and
- personnel and other functions throughout Loch Lomond Group including HR, Finance, Governance, Legal and IT.
We may also need to make your personal data available to other parties, such as:
- legal and regulatory authorities;
- accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; and
- companies that provide products and services to Loch Lomond Group used as part of the recruitment process (such as human resources services, IT systems, service and software suppliers and other third parties engaged to assist Loch Lomond Group in carrying out business activities).
07. TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOME COUNTRY
Your personal data may be processed by Loch Lomond Group, its affiliated companies and those other parties described above, outside the European Economic Area. Where the European Commission has not issued an adequacy decision in relation to the jurisdiction where your personal data is processed, we will ensure that there are adequate mechanisms in place to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy law. We will do this through use of data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses.
You can find more information about data transfer agreements here and can receive further information about the data transfer agreements that concern your personal data by contacting us via the method set out in the “Contact us” section of this Notice below.
08. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We adopt a variety of internal information security measures to keep your personal data safe, including to protect it from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or distribution. In addition, our IT providers have adopted high information security standards. Where Loch Lomond Group retains a third-party service provider, that provider will be carefully selected in accordance with Loch Lomond Group’s policies and procedures.
09. HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will always keep your personal data for the period required by law. We will also keep your personal data where we need to do so in connection with legal action or an investigation involving Loch Lomond Group. Otherwise, we will only keep your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined above which will usually require us to keep your personal data for the duration of the recruitment process plus an additional six months thereafter. If you become an employee of Loch Lomond Group your personal data will be retained in accordance with our Employee Privacy Notice.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
You may be entitled to:
- request the correction of your personal data;
- request the deletion of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example where your personal data is no longer required for the purposes set out in the “How do we use your personal data?” section above;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- object to the processing of your personal data. In this case, we will no longer process your personal data unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for doing so or where it is necessary in relation to a legal claim;
- ask Loch Lomond Group about the processing of your personal data and to be provided with a copy of your personal data; and
- request receipt or transmission to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the personal data that you have provided to Loch Lomond Group.
If you would like more information about your rights, to exercise these rights, or if you have any concerns about Loch Lomond Group’s processing of your personal data please contact us via the method set out in the “Contact us” section of this Notice below. If you choose to exercise your rights, we will respond in accordance with, and to the extent required by, our legal obligations.
If you believe that we have illegally processed your personal data, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal data, you can present a claim to your local supervisory authority.
Where you are given the option to share your personal data with us, you can always choose not to do so. If you object to the processing of your personal data, Loch Lomond Group will respect that choice in accordance with its legal obligations. This could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described above.
12. DATA CONTROLLER
Loch Lomond Distillers Limited (and where applicable) the local Loch Lomond company which you have applied to work for are the controllers of your personal data. To identify the entity you have applied to work for, please contact please contact us via the method set out in the “Contact us” section of this Notice above.
30 November 2019
View Loch Lomond Group Customer Privacy Notice